Beware of Flying Light Sabres!!
Star Wars has been the movie of choice this summer... actually since Christmas... and Light Sabres have been the go to toy in the neighbourhood... many hours have been spent reenacting the battles of Luke and Darth Vader etc. On Tuesday, we saw the "dark side" of this game. With 10 minutes to spare before we had to leave for swimming lessons, the boys headed outside. I wasn't sure what they were up to, as I was getting Brandon up and ready to go. Moments after going out, Ryan came flying in the door screaming with his hands covering his mouth and blood pouring out. I wasn't sure at this point what had hit him or if he had front teeth... it was difficult to see through the blood. I got a towel and tried to clean him up (not an easy feat while trying not to pass out from the blood!)... I called Sean in... certain he knew something... first I questioned if they had been golfing?...no... baseball?...no.... "light sabre Mommy" was Sean's sheepish answer. Unsure what too do, but almost positive that his front right tooth didn't look right I called the dentist. We headed over right away. I wasn't sure how Ryan would handle this as he had only been to the dentist once before, but he was great. He sat up in the chair and did everything they asked of him. Turns out we were lucky... VERY lucky. His gums were torn, but didn't require stitches. Due to his young age he had already started to heal. I was told that usually when the gums are torn that badly the bone is broken as is the tooth and sometimes the permanent one behind it. Lucky for Ryan no such damage. His front tooth is a little wiggly, but it should tighten up on its own. In the meantime he is not biting into anything with his front teeth.... except a Gatorade bottle cap the other day... which made it bleed again... BOYS... you gotta love them!!
Unfortunately, these pictures don't do it justice. Above his front teeth was almost black and swollen. His lip is fat on the left side too. The light sabre must have hit him on the lip pushing it back and then got the gums on the right side... OUCH:)
No comments:
Post a Comment