Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007




GOOD NEWS!!!


We're home and all is well! We were up bright and early this morning and at the hospital by 5:45. The entire experience was so much less stressful than Mommy was trying to make it! She was a little (to say the least) stressed out last night. However, after a chat with our anesthesiologist friend, Dr. Juan, she managed to calm down.




You see last time I was "put out" my airway clamped down when the doctors and nurses tried bringing me out. Mommy thought it would be no big deal this time, you know "been there done that". But, the closer the surgery date got, the more she started to freak out! I guess she was worried that it might happen again. Juan was kind enough to take time to talk to Mommy and Daddy (ya he worries too) and explained what the complication was and how they deal with it.




I came through with flying colours. Everyone kept going on about how cute I was. Don't all kids just lie down on the operating table and look around before being put to sleep?


Before the nurses came to get me I wandered around a bit, checking the place out. I watched some T.V, Higglytown Heroes and Little Eintsteins were on, but nobody brought food...come on would a drink of water have been too much to ask? Fortunately, they got it together by the time I got out and brought me a sippy cup of apple juice. Let me tell you, I was not letting that thing go...who knew when I was going to get more! I was a little upset because they stuck this thing in my arm, Mommy said it was an IV... I don't know, but it was a pain. They took it out after I guzzled my drink. Now I have some drops to put in my ears, an antibiotic and I check in with the doctor next week...on my birthday!




Well, I'm sleepy, I think I'll turn in for a nap. I'm sure Mommy has a picture or two she'll post later. Thanks for caring enough about me to check in and see how I'm doing.




Love you,


Ryan
Note: Ryan slept from 9:00am until 3:00 pm. He got up...ate...alot...played and returned to bed at 5:00pm. He slept until 6:30am...returning at 7:30... wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were thinking about all of you, hoping everything would go well. So glad to hear that Mummy survived, and of course that Ryan is doing well.

Love to all
Paul, Shirley, Stephen and Megan