Hi, Ho, Hi, Ho, It's Off to Disney We Go!
It's hard to believe our trip to Disney has come and gone already. Last Friday morning, we finally let Sean in on our "Top Secret Mission". He knew something was up, but wasn't sure what until then. After Tony got off work we set off for a hotel near the airport before flying out Saturday morning. He was excited to see Michelle, Scott and the kids. When he heard they were driving there, his response was "Mommy, they're craaaazy!" We arrived at the Coronado Springs Resort on Disney late afternoon. Just enough time to explore, have dinner, get the kids to bed and of course watch the football game! The resort was beautiful, but big. Since we forgot, yes I said forgot our stroller, we had to purchase one from gift shop...seems we weren't the first or last to make this mistake! We weren't too concerned at first as we had planned on renting a double stroller at Disney. Little did we know we would need one to get to dinner!! Oh and we also forgot our video camera and had our toiletries confiscated at airport security. At one point we were questioning if we were amateur vacationers. On the upside, the boys did wonderfully sleeping in a hotel (hotels have been a sore spot for sometime) and they both had a great time. All (six) of the kids did well together. Sean and Sarah were good buddies and Tasha (6 3/4 yrs) loved mothering Ryan. Ryan also started calling me Mommy instead of mama and began a love affair with buses. I think the trip from the hotel to the parks was the highlight of his trip. Sean unfortunately missed out on riding big boy rides like Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain because they could slip a credit card between his head and the "you must be this tall" bar. He took it well though. Enough babble for now...checkout the pics.
We thought he was going to make it. This girl worked with Sean for a long time trying to get him to stand up straight and meet the height requirement. No such luck.
The park was all decked out for fall.
The boys couldn't take their eyes off of it.
Cinderella and Prince Charming
Donald Duck (that's Don Duck to Stephen... the memory is long!) and Captain Hook.

Riding the Tea cups in Fantasyland
Ryan on Winnie the Pooh
Waiting for the monorail (bolerrail to Sean) to take us to lunch at the Contemporary Resort
Ryan and I riding the race cars. Driving isn't easy when a 19 month old insists on sitting behind the wheel. Thank goodness for the rails!
Sean fared a little better than we did.
In front of Mickey's house in Toon Town

On this day our friends Kyle and Ronnie and their kids had been given "Dream Fast Passes". Many rides at Disney now allow you to get a fast pass to come back between certain times and enjoy a smaller wait time. Well, with the Dream Fast Pass you go in the fast pass lane whenever you want. Since they only needed two and Michelle and Scott had returned to the resort they shared them with us. As luck had it when we were getting on the bus to return to the resort, Michelle and Scott were getting off. So, we passed the passes.
As I type this Ryan is on the floor pointing to the screen saying
"Mommy...Mee, Mee" When I said yes Mickey he smiled. I'd say he got it!
Check out Ryan's right hand!
On this day our friends Kyle and Ronnie and their kids had been given "Dream Fast Passes". Many rides at Disney now allow you to get a fast pass to come back between certain times and enjoy a smaller wait time. Well, with the Dream Fast Pass you go in the fast pass lane whenever you want. Since they only needed two and Michelle and Scott had returned to the resort they shared them with us. As luck had it when we were getting on the bus to return to the resort, Michelle and Scott were getting off. So, we passed the passes.
This picture was taken while the boys and I enjoyed a snack while Tony rode Space Mountain. Seems Sean swindled himself another snack right after, while I rode Space Mountain!

MGM Studios
The stroller brigade is getting set upon arrival!

Outside the Muppets 3-D. Was I the only one who didn't know the Muppets are tied to Disney???

Sean riding some Star Wars thingy. Doesn't know what it is, but what the heck Ben did it!!

These were taken in Honey I Shrunk the Kids. It was cool but chaotic. Shortly after this I thought we lost Ryan. My only clear thought was at least he has the dog tag on his pants with our cell #. Fortunately Ronnie tracked him down. Sitting looking lost on a step around the corner from me. Surprisingly none of the Disney "Cast Members" offered help as I ran around frantic. Thank goodness for good friends. Immediately after we left we ran into the Power Rangers.... ya. If you don't know my feelings on them ask someone who knows. Sean however was thrilled "Mommy the pink ranger waved to me". Whatever.


Tony and Ryan watching the Car stunt spectacular. We also took the boys to the Indiana Jones show. They loved it, but on the bus ride home Sean kept looking for "cracks in the road and fire". I think he's over it now!
Character Lunch at Hollywood and Vine
Goliath the lion from Jo Jo's Circus (a former favourite of Sean's... no time to watch it now, but loved seeing them) Ryan just wants to eat lunch.
Ryan, Tasha and Jo Jo.
Ryan, Sean (who only appears p. o'd he actually loves June), Tasha and June from Little Einsteins
Leo, Ryan and Sean. Leo is also from Little Einsteins.

Ryan KO'd after lunch. I took him for a walk and sat while the others went for an encore performance of the Muppets 3-D.

We then went to Playhouse Disney and saw a show with Bear in the Big Blue House and a few other Playhouse friends. After we went to the Little Mermaid (sorry no flash photography). I also highly recommend "It's Tough to be a Bug" at Animal Kingdom
Sean and Sarah take turns pretending to be characters and signing autographs while waiting for their daddy's to finish riding Tower of Terror. No, Michelle and I did not kid ourselves into thinking we would enjoy this ride.
Lunch at Chef Mickey in the Contemporary Resort
Sean and Donald Duck

The boys and Minnie. Michelle and I decided that Minnie is a bit camera shy. She came through our area several times before we got pics. We would pull out our cameras and she would turn and leave.

It's true.... he is Goofy!!!
That night we had dinner in Tommorowland overlooking Cinderella's castle. There was also a waterfall. Tony said it was the loudest spot in the park. That's why we chose it , the kids could be loud and no one cared!! We had just returned from naps to see the fire works. It had rained that morning, but we didn't let that stop us. We got rain ponchos and headed to the front of every line. Sean even got to ride Goofy's Barnbuster (a favourite) 3 times without getting off!!

Tony waiting for fireworks in front of Cinderella's Castle.


Tasha, Kyle, Tony and Ryan

Michelle, Sean and Sarah
Animal Kingdom
The Staab's in front of Animal Kingdom. We were arriving early for breakfast. Too bad we were supposed to be at Animal Kingdom Lodge!!

Apparently Jungle Book is coming back this year

Scott and Tony trying to look cool as they prepare to ride Expedition Everest.

Ronnie, Michelle and the kids wait for Daddy's to return from Everest. Minus Tasha who was tall enough and brave enough to join them. Note the group of Buddhist Monks in the background. They had just gotten off of Expedition Everest. They took up the first 8 rows.
This is actually the train they were on, however I took it too soon. They are at the back...still in the tunnel. Ben was actually the only one to successfully photograph the group.

Sean soaked from a water ride (I don't recall the name) and it poured while they were on it, enjoying a snack.
Still soaked and wondering where this Kimodo Dragon everyone is talking about is. Click on the picture to enlarge it and you should see him on the rock.
..... and this would be the last picture I took on my "new" camera before the button broke off . Fortunately I had my "old' camera....unfortunately the battery died shortly after and the charger was at home. I guess that was just the way this trip went. No stroller (bought one), no video camera (had it UPS next day'd), no toiletries (bought some), camera broke (had a spare), spare broke.... it was bound to catch up to us. Oh and my diaper bag backpack strap broke at the airport on the way home. I guess worse things could have happened. I do have a few pictures to upload from the other camera. Look for those to follow.
We hope you enjoyed sharing in our Disney vacation..."and have a Magical Disney day!!"
MGM Studios
Outside the Muppets 3-D. Was I the only one who didn't know the Muppets are tied to Disney???
Sean riding some Star Wars thingy. Doesn't know what it is, but what the heck Ben did it!!
These were taken in Honey I Shrunk the Kids. It was cool but chaotic. Shortly after this I thought we lost Ryan. My only clear thought was at least he has the dog tag on his pants with our cell #. Fortunately Ronnie tracked him down. Sitting looking lost on a step around the corner from me. Surprisingly none of the Disney "Cast Members" offered help as I ran around frantic. Thank goodness for good friends. Immediately after we left we ran into the Power Rangers.... ya. If you don't know my feelings on them ask someone who knows. Sean however was thrilled "Mommy the pink ranger waved to me". Whatever.
Tony and Ryan watching the Car stunt spectacular. We also took the boys to the Indiana Jones show. They loved it, but on the bus ride home Sean kept looking for "cracks in the road and fire". I think he's over it now!
Character Lunch at Hollywood and Vine
Ryan KO'd after lunch. I took him for a walk and sat while the others went for an encore performance of the Muppets 3-D.
We then went to Playhouse Disney and saw a show with Bear in the Big Blue House and a few other Playhouse friends. After we went to the Little Mermaid (sorry no flash photography). I also highly recommend "It's Tough to be a Bug" at Animal Kingdom
Sean and Sarah take turns pretending to be characters and signing autographs while waiting for their daddy's to finish riding Tower of Terror. No, Michelle and I did not kid ourselves into thinking we would enjoy this ride.
Lunch at Chef Mickey in the Contemporary Resort
Our table had a great view of the Magic Kingdom.
The boys and Minnie. Michelle and I decided that Minnie is a bit camera shy. She came through our area several times before we got pics. We would pull out our cameras and she would turn and leave.
It's true.... he is Goofy!!!
Tony waiting for fireworks in front of Cinderella's Castle.
Tasha, Kyle, Tony and Ryan
Michelle, Sean and Sarah
Animal Kingdom
Apparently Jungle Book is coming back this year
Scott and Tony trying to look cool as they prepare to ride Expedition Everest.
Ronnie, Michelle and the kids wait for Daddy's to return from Everest. Minus Tasha who was tall enough and brave enough to join them. Note the group of Buddhist Monks in the background. They had just gotten off of Expedition Everest. They took up the first 8 rows.
Sean soaked from a water ride (I don't recall the name) and it poured while they were on it, enjoying a snack.
We hope you enjoyed sharing in our Disney vacation..."and have a Magical Disney day!!"
2 comments:
It's so nice to see these photos and to know you all had a great holiday with friends.
and yes, 18 years later, in our house he is still known as 'Don Duck'!!!
Good times. And I also had no clue about the Muppets. I'm kinda shocked really...
Post a Comment