Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Update: Painting, Skating, Shopping & Escaping
Mom and Dad arrived last Friday evening, and we have been going non-stop ever since. Very shortly after they arrived, Dad headed to the campground with Tony and Sean were they joined in the company camp out. Dad, as you would imagine, was tired from the drive and I picked him up a few hours later.
First thing Saturday morning, Mom and I started painting the playroom. We worked on it all day, while Dad played with Ryan.
Sunday, we put up the wallpaper boarder, bought and assembled (all by myself) a bookcase for Sean's room and started the gigantic task of sorting through toys.
Monday and Tuesday, Mom and Dad completed the playroom. It looks far too good to let the kids play in (they'll only mess it up), but we do and they love it. Pictures will follow soon. My "good" camera has to be sent into Sony to be fixed and my old one just isn't as good, but I'll get on it.
Mom and I have managed to do some shopping and I even got out for a haircut... by myself!! Mom joined me for my teacher prep day on Friday and was a huge help organizing the mess I call a room. Seems when you start a new program things pile up but never get cleared up...soon I hope!
Dad and Sean headed to the rink today, as Sean's first hockey season is fast approaching. Dad said he was a natural. It took him all of 5 seconds to get the hang of it again. At one point he even saw an older boy skating in the typical hockey player stance...bent over at the waist arms bent and swaying back and forth...he followed suit. You can imagine how proud Papa must have been. Mom, Ryan and I went shopping so we missed it...unfortunately.
...and that brings me to Ryan...Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. That boy is growing up WAY too fast for this Mommy's liking. He is so sweet though. His bye, bye Mommy will melt your heart. Mom and Dad said that periodically during the day, when I'm at work, he'll wave and say bye bye mommy. Anyway, I digress... a couple of weeks ago he was adamant that he wasn't going to bed despite being tired. He let me know by climbing to the top of the crib railing and falling out. We were sure that he "fell" so let it go. In the last few days he has started to rebel at bedtime and has nearly fallen out a couple more times (fortunately we installed cameras in both their rooms when Ryan was born, so we are able to watch and intervene if he is trying to "go over the wall".). Tonight, I assumed my position, lying on the floor beside his crib in hopes of settling him down...this usually works and I slither my way out on my stomach. Tonight...not so much. While I lay there, he scaled to the top of the crib readying himself to slide down the other side. How scared would I have been if I hadn't looked and he tapped me on the shoulder! So... although I am nowhere near ready mentally, for Ryan's own safety... tomorrow...I am going to buy him a toddler bed... and a gate! Wish me luck. Did Tony pick the week to be away or what?

No comments: