Whirlwind Week!
Tony and I made it to and from Vegas safely. We had a GREAT time. Who knew it could be so much fun to go and watch two grown men beat the crap out of each other!! Saturday night, we attended the Hopkins vs. Calghaze (sp?) fight. Things really got going just before the main event, when the celebrities started to roll in! Now this was my idea of fun... stargazing. We saw (okay through binoculars... thanks Uncle Pete) Simon Cowel, Bruce Willis, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Arnold Schwarzenagger, Whitney Houston, Seth Rogan (Canadian content!), Ray J, Jay-Z, Shaq, Luke Perry, Maury Povich, Robert Shapiro (OJ fame)... Michael J. Fox (no visual on him, but he was announced... again Canadian content) and of course Jim Buffert (I think I got that right)... you know the "Let's get ready to rumble" guy. There was one other guy they didn't announce, he was getting his picture taken with people, but I couldn't get a close enough look. The crazy thing with Shaq was that Tony was watching the Suns play in San Antonio when we left the hotel and then there he was... private jets... what a wonderful thing!
Speaking of our hotel... wow! I highly recommend the Venetian... beautiful! We did some shopping and some gambling. I did pretty well at single deck, face down blackjack. Unfortunately, my winnings only allowed us to break even... someone, who shall remain nameless, didn't fare as well! We took a couple of pictures, but they are on my other camera, I'll try to post again later. Nothing from the fight though. When we went to Elton John last year we had to check our cameras (like you would a coat) so we opted to skip it for the fight. Turns out we could have brought it.
When we returned, mom and I got busy preparing the garage sale. It consumed most of our week, but allowed us to spend time together and I definitely could not have done it without her... and dad too, he hung out with the boys so we could pull the sale off. We had a great Thursday, the weather was beautiful and lots of people. Friday, we had to keep the garage doors shut and had people come in the side door. The wind was crazy and cold. People still came, but we didn't fare as well as Thursday. Since we still had a couple of big items and a good selection of kids clothes we opted to open Saturday too. Originally we wanted to keep Saturday free, but what the heck. When all was said and done, we packed up 3 boxes for goodwill and made just shy of $1200 which recoups the cost of our flights in July! I think that was worth it.
With this week being so hectic we didn't take many pictures, but here are a few. Hopefully, I'll get better at posting once school is out. 17 days!!
This sale wasn't easy. I am so sentimental and a bit of a pack rat, but our boys are so fortunate, to have so many people who love them buy them toys. It was time to thin out the well loved and make room for bigger boy ones.
We were amazed to find that we had 7... yes 7 strollers. We are now down to a more respectable 4 (regular, sit and stand - double, and 2 umbrella). Not sure what happened there. I know one was from Disney when we forgot ours and had to buy one, the rest....
Mom shows off some of what was left... after we packed up a few boxes.
Ryan playing in the dark with his flashlight.
Sean playing trains, with the tunnel he and Papa made in January.
Ryan reading his new fav... Chugga Chugga Poo Poo The Potty Train
Not much luck at this point. Hopefully when school gets out I can be more consistent.
Sean (yes he is in his underwear... spilled at supper... therefore stripped down) was snuggling with Nana when Ryan decided to join in!
A quiet moment with Nana... watching Backyardigans.
Reading the paper with Papa.
Taking a break from working.
Papa Joe (Ryan says it now!), Sean, Ryan and Stanley playing in the backyard.
Another fun visit, gone too fast. Now we look forward to the big one in July!!
1 comment:
We had a great time. You're right , Melissa the time goes so fast! It was actually fun getting ready for the garage sale.Thanks to Tony for helping get and set up the tables, and producing some of his treasures for sale! We couldn't have put the time into making it such a success if Papa Joe hadn't been so lovingly patient with entertaining the boys! We enjoyed our time with Chuck and Lana and seeing the new home they are building. I couldn't get over the size of the "garage" for their motorhome!!! Erm looks great and thanks for dropping by to see us. Love, Nana xoxo
Post a Comment