Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Sean's Obsession with the Printed Word


Since starting kindergarten, Sean has this need to know what letter words start with and how to spell words.   Wonderful, I know.   The other day we were driving and Ryan pointed out a motorcycle.  Sean then let us all know that the motorcycle was for sale, he knew because of the sign in front of it.  Now he has a desire to write notes and leave them all over the house.  I'm not sure if the obsession is with the printed word or the post- it note!!   It started with one and now is one a day.  They are stuck on counters, railings, furniture and door frames.   I only know what one says... wait ... it's good.   The others he tells me are "for if a robber breaks in."   I'm not sure if they tell them to get out or where all the good stuff is!  Here are a few of his notes.


This last one was written on Friday morning.  He told me he needed to write Spiderman on this note.  He remembered that his toothpaste has Spiderman on it.  He asked if he could go upstairs to the bathroom to look at the word and copy it... wow... very good.   When he came down, this is what his not said.
C-R-E-S-T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Sean you sure are a very busy guy writing all the little notes you have posted throughout the house. Keep having fun writing.
I can't believe what how well you printed the word 'CREST'. You are very observant. Keep up the good work.
Love,
Papa Joe

Anonymous said...

Hey Sean!!
I love your notes! They are important for letting people know what you want to tell them eh??

Maybe one day you will write a letter to Nana and Papa Joe and mommy can mail it to us? Does that sound like a good plan?

Your printing is becoming very neat for having been at school for only 2 weeks!
Love Nana xoxo