No major baby news at this point. I am 20 weeks or half way through and feeling great. With the exception of the weight gain... I could do without that! However, compared to my two previous pregnancies my weight is in check. I've been walking the treadmill almost daily and even returned to the gym this week. My goal is to get there 3 - 4 times a week. So far I am on track to do it!
Our next appointment will be on Friday Nov. 14 at 3:45... mark it on your calendars and be sure to check back IF you are as curious as we are! Now, I know there are still some people out there, like our daycare provider, who do not want to know if it is a boy or a girl. I do not understand this, but respect it! If you are one of these people... continue to the next post as there may be a spoiler ahead.
It seems that we may not make it until that week to finally share the news with the boys. The other day I had Sean at the doctor, as per usual while we waited in the exam room, he pretended to be the doctor. He usually pretends to listen to my heart and lungs. This time he asked me if I had a baby in my tummy. I giggled thinking the jig is up and answered maybe. He looked at me like "mommy work with me the answer is yes in my game" so I did. Today I had to take him to my orthodontist appt. and he asked me while we were waiting "Mommy, how do doctors get babies out of the Mommy's tummy?"
At my last appointment Dr. Yazdi asked me "So what are we having?" I told him I think it is a girl, but he thinks it's a boy. He asked me what this was based on. I told him he told me based on the first ultrasound. He said "I saw it". I said "You told me you did". He answers "Damn I'm good!" You gotta know him. Anyway, I told him I still think he is screwing with me. Unfortunately, he told me that if he was he would have told me right away. Next he took out the Doppler and we listened to the heartbeat. It was 138. Those of you who have been through this before know that that is generally a male heart rate. However, I also have friends that have told me their girls had similar heart rates too. We'll see.
Needless to say I am anxious to find out and get on with the preparations. A girl would be great, but ultimately a healthy baby is our goal. Keep checking and I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment