... And Now We Wait
Thanks to Mom painting and Dad watching the boys, we got the baby's room decorated as planned. It was a huge undertaking, but well worth it. We have used the same furniture, bedding, curtains etc for all 3 boys now, but the surrounding have changed to make the rooms distinct. Sean had 2 nurseries (thanks to construction) the old one that no longer exists and what is now the spare room in the basement. Ryan's current room served as his nursery and now #3 gets the former spare room upstairs. Sean's room was green, Ryan's was/is blue and baby has yellow/brown. The border is one that I found for Sean, but he was almost a year at the time and it didn't seem worth while to do. Again with Ryan I talked myself out of it. This time I managed to find the last 4 rolls (on sale even) as it is no longer being produced! It was meant to be. I love how it has turned out. There are still a few things to hang and a diaper bag to be packed, but other than that everything is washed and put away.
The boys are enjoying going in and looking around. I think it is helping to make it more real for them. Ryan went in the other night and gasped as he looked at a bin of stuffed animals. Tucking his cup under his arm he started picking them up "Dat mine and dat mine and dat mine and dat mine..." until his arms were loaded. As he pushed his way out of the room, past Sean who was in the doorway, Sean says "Get used to it Ryan, they're baby's now!" Seems someone has been through this before!!
I was at the doctor yesterday and it seems I am the picture of health. My weight is within range (that's a first) and my blood pressure is perfect, no swelling (I'm even wearing my rings) and baby is head down. My appointments are now every two weeks for the next 2 appts and then once a week. Time is flying!
I was off work the last 2 days as Ryan battled the stomach flu. Naturally this happened the night before Mom and Dad were to head home, Chuck and Lana were heading south for a few weeks and before Tony got home from Vegas! Sean was a great help and we made it through. Tony has one more trip next week, then I have told him he is under "house arrest" until the baby's arrival!!
2 comments:
Very cute! I like how all the boys each had their own unique color. Now all the room needs is baby! Great job!!!
Amy
Melissa....you (and mom of course) did a fabulous job...the room looks great.
It is hard to believe that the baby is coming so soon....
Hugs and kisses to the boys..
Jane et.al.
Post a Comment