Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Baby Update
I was at the doctor on Friday.   This appointment marked 34 weeks.  Hard to believe.  It has gone so fast, and so slow at the same time.   During our conversation, my doctor wanted to know how big I think I am compared to my pregnancies with Sean and Ryan.    I asked him why it mattered, after all I sang it from the rooftops that Ryan was big and it didn't make a difference.   He assured me that he would take my word for it this time!   I told him that I feel that he is big.  I can feel him bouncing off my hips and poking my ribs at the same time.   He was in agreement... I guess that is a good thing!  Anyway, he said that he will know more at my next appointment (36 weeks on the 19th) and we will "discuss my options" then.   So, it looks like I might go early!  Big babies aren't good for mom or baby, so we will want to do what is best for both of us.  I'll pass on more news as soon as I know.

This week has been conference week at school.  It is always tiring , but especially so right now.  I don't know how I did it when I was pregnant with Ryan.  He was born 4 days after conferences were over.   Up and down the stairs between my room and the regular classrooms where we were meeting and extended periods on my feet have caught up to me.  Tomorrow, after sitting through a meeting all day, I will be going for a well earned massage.  I can't wait!

The boys are very excited that on Saturday morning (Ryan's birthday), they will be going to the hospital to attend the Sibling Education class.   They can bring a doll or stuffed toy from home to use as their baby.  They will be taught how to hold a baby, parts to be careful of (soft spots, eyes etc) and how to put on a diaper.  They will also get to go up to the 2nd floor and see one of the rooms.  Sean is so excited to see where Mommy will be and where his baby brother will be born.   I'll try to get some pictures while we are there.  Check back for those and pics from Ryan's birthday celebrations.  Hard to believe he is almost 3!   Such a big boy now... and coming along with the potty training too!!

2 comments:

Dave Ja Vu said...

Keep me posted. Can't wait to meet the little dude! BTW...the Vrbi are going to be in G.I. this weekend for a VB tournament. Maybe we could do lunch!

Amy

Dave Ja Vu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.