Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Brandon's Surgery Date is Set
After months of coughing, poking his left ear, smacking himself in the side of the head, being unable to breathe and screaming out in pain while playing contentedly, Brandon has finally gotten the go ahead for tubes.
He was checked by the ENT on the 5th... clear... 3 days later... stuffy... poking his ear... smacking himself in the head. Yesterday, after a week on antibiotics we went to the ENT and found that he still has fluid behind his left ear... despite the antibiotics. Last week he was put on a different antibiotic... which seemed to be working... until the diarrhea set in.... I had to take him off and wait until Monday when I could call the Dr.... in the meantime his ears got worse and his sinuses filled up... so hard to watch but there wasn't much choice... that or dehydrate from diarrhea.
He doesn't like to have me out of his sight, but is starting to eat better. After dinner tonight, the ENT's office called... the date has been set for Thursday February 25.... I guess there is something to be said for the US system! I can't wait to see him back to his normal contented self.
Tonight he is sleeping well... so far... he has been watching a lot of the Olympics with us!
These pictures were taken on Ryan's birthday. Tony put Ryan's new Spiderman hat on him. The look on his face seems to show how he is feeling... and I don't think it is about the hat. The left hand is in it's usual position up near on in his left ear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brandon you are such a good boy who seldom complains even though you have been in such discomfort. I hope the tubes will clear up the problem and allow you to enjoy each day to the fullest.
Wish I was there with you but happily it won't be long until Nana and I will be down to see you. God bless you little one.

Love

Papa Joe