Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Brandon
I feel like Brandon has been neglected on here lately, with Sean and Ryan involved in so many things, they seem to get the bulk of the blogs. Brandon is taking off and his personality is shining. He loves to do what the big boys are doing. Sometimes I think he is 2 going on 6!

When Sean and Ryan put on their bicycle helmets, he is right behind, they jump in the gator and he is right next to them. One day the big boys were putting their golf bags on their back to head across the street to golf in a friends' yard. Brandon quickly let me know that he wanted his clubs too. I got them down and headed to our yard so he could play. Well... that was NOT the right choice and Brandon let me know it! When I turned he was standing with his arms back as if he was putting on a backpack. I realized that he wanted his clubs on his back like Sean and Ryan had done. He then walked down the driveway and across the street (with me of course) to the neighbours house to golf with the "big guys"!

He loves to play in the sink, whether it be in the main bathroom splashing (as he is doing right now) or in our bathroom... having a shave or brushing his teeth. Step stools are a favourite too. He carries them around the house to help him as he explores light switches.. on/off... on/off...

At bedtime, he loves to "sit" this is what he says when he wants to sit on my knee and listen to stories. Actually, he doesn't really just listen, he turns pages, reads along with me and sometimes lets me know I need to be quiet and he "reads" alone.

At this point he is still in the crib and I'm in no hurry to see that come to an end. He is a busy boy and I'm certain that it wouldn't be easy keeping him in bed at this point. He usually "chats" with himself for a good 45 min before falling asleep and wakes up around 6:30.. so much for me dream of a child that sleeps in. In the morning, I know it is time to get him when he yells "MOM! MOM! MOM! LET ME OUT!"

He still gets upset when I leave, but settles down quickly. When he sees a babysitter, he will freeze in his spot and look them up and down before running and clinging to my leg! He isn't big on saying hi but LOVES to say bye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon you are never forgotten even though your brothers are so busy. It won't be long before we see and hear of all the fun things you will be doing.

Love,

Papa Joe

Anonymous said...

Brandon you are never forgotten even though your brothers are so busy. It won't be long before we see and hear of all the fun things you will be doing.

Love,

Papa Joe

Anonymous said...

Brandon you are never forgotten even though your brothers are so busy. It won't be long before we see and hear of all the fun things you will be doing.

Love,

Papa Joe