Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Skating Lessons - Week 1
Last Monday, Sean and I made the 45 minute trek to skating lessons. He was so excited to go! We arrived about 20 minutes early as I knew we needed to register. There was a hockey game going on before the lessons. Sean saw " the boys" playing, stopped in his tracks, leaned forward and exclaimed "but Mommy I didn't bring my stick!" Don't worry Sean I don't think you'll be playing tonight. He thoroughly enjoyed watching. I couldn't help but think the Uncle BJ was somewhere with a HUGE smile on his face.
When we went to register, I think Bri's smile might have faded a bit... there might have even been some head shaking going on. You see many of the skaters were figure skaters...wannabe's anyway. One girl was practicing her axle... Sean tried to join in jumping and falling.
Once Sean had his skates on a "ballerina" as he called the girls came to help him on the ice. Now he couldn't want to go. He was going to sit with Mommy and watch. Okay, a 45min. drive for this??? I don't think so. Fortunately he spoke up and said "Mommy don't go to your car." Okay now it made sense. He thought I was leaving. Once I assured him I'd be in the stands watching he went out.
I couldn't believe the progress in one session!! By the end there was a man helping him. He told me we need to watch him "he has an eye for the ladies"... we know 9 - 14 year old girls look out here comes Sean!
After the lesson there was a hockey practice going on. The coach saw me heading out carrying Sean's helmet and skates. He stopped me and suggested we get him into IP hockey. He looked at the figure skaters, then at us and said "I'm all for learning to skate, but get him into hockey".... Ah Uncle BJ was smiling again!!! Sounds like he can start hockey in October!!!










1 comment:

Dave Ja Vu said...

Uncle Briant had to be watching you and smiling! Way to go, Sean! We'll try to come watch...