FORE!!!
Sean had his first golf lesson today... and loved it! The group was a little larger than usual... not sure what happened, but it was great to see 19 young kids enjoying a new sport. The golf pro handle the kids wonderfully, keeping them active and engaged the whole time.
I was amazed to see the sets of clubs the little guys, and girls had. I thought Sean's set was cool, but these were something else. Bags with pop out stands and backpack style straps, gloves the whole nine yards. Silly me had originally thought that Sean might be one of the only ones with his own clubs!! Didn't matter anyway, they won't be using their own clubs until Friday. Up until then, they will be using plastic clubs and tennis balls... much safer!
When we first got there, I alerted the pro to the fact that Sean has right handed clubs, and a strong left handed grip. He tried to correct Sean's grip several times with no luck. Tomorrow, he will switch Sean to left handed clubs. Seems he is like Mommy and Uncle BJ, a righty who does plays sports as a lefty.
After a snack we made our way to the parking lot. Sean said to me "Mommy why are we leaving? I don't want to go yet!" I was so glad that he enjoyed his first day.
Group meeting. Talking golf course etiquette.
Waiting for his turn to putt.
Chipping.
Getting instructions before using the driver.
Teeing it up. Check out the grip.
Trying to change it up.
Sticking close to the pro as the group heads in for snacks.
High tops are the next best thing to golf shoes!
2 comments:
Sean, you sure look like you're going to be a good golfer!! The new clubs that Papa bought for you are for a lefty, so hopefully your grip will feel more comfortable.
You and Papa will have fun shooting some " beauties"
when you come to visit, eh Sean?
Have fun at your next lesson on Thursday!
Don't forget to let Papa Joe know how your lesson goes with the change in clubs?
Love, Nana xoxo
Hi Sean: does it ever look like you and the other kids are having a great time. How I wish I could be there to watch. Please let me know how today goes. We will be sure to go to the golf course when you come here and we''ll go and hit some beauties. I have another set of golf clubs for you. I sure like the big water bottle you have. maybe you could find one for me.
Have fun today and tomorrow.
Love,
Papa Joe
Post a Comment