Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Night

We were very lucky to have a mild Halloween night here.  It didn't drop below 60 before the crew of trick-or-treaters got home.  There was a whole group of Dad's (mostly) and kids from the neighbourhood who went out together.  The boys had a great time.  This was Ryan's first experience (last year he was transitioning to a big boy bed and I stayed in with him screaming) and Sean's first experience beyond a couple of houses.   Ryan was a trooper (so I'm told, I was home manning the door) and walked for almost the full 1 1/2 hours they were out.  When he got tired, his little buddy Porter let him ride in his wagon.   When they got to Brianna's (our babysitters) he jumped out and they both ran to give her a big hug...t hey LOVE they're Brianna!  When they returned home they helped answer the door for a while before crashing.  Both slept until 7:00 again (not unusual for Ryan... just Sean).  We'll see what the time change brings!
Don't be fooled by the smiles... sick as dogs and the mood changes on a dime!
Sean assures me he is smiling here too!
Ryan wanted to help Daddy put the recycling bin away while waiting for his friends.
Oops, too far... back to the driveway.
The gang getting ready to head out.  Notice anything about how the grown ups pass the time?
I think I know why they were all so excited for Halloween... and why I didn't go!

No comments: