Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Riding the Rails
Today Sean, Ryan, Dad and I went to Tottenham after lunch to ride their historical railroad.  It was a very enjoyable afternoon.  We rode on coaches that were originally built in 1928 and they were pulled by a diesel engine from the 1940's (I think).   The steam engine they usually use is being restored and expected to be back in service in late summer.  I highly recommend this outing to anyone with kids or who is a railroad enthusiast. 


Heading to the station to buy tickets.
Checking out the diesel engine

Posing on our coach






Enjoying the view between Tottenham and Beeton

The engineer tested the brakes just outside Beeton... the conductor said this was because there were no more rails and it would be embarrassing to run out of track, passersby would say "Look at that train it went off the 'Beeton' track" (knee slap!)
Sean and Ryan with the conductor

No comments: