Santa's Village '08
The weather cooperated today so Papa, the boys and I headed to Santa's Village. What a great time! Sean was watching for clues the whole way there (billboards on the way). Once we arrived they excitement level got even higher! After stopping for elf hats the boys posed for pictures with the gingerbread men outside the bakery. While I was taking the pictures Ryan noticed something (the Rudolph Roller Coaster... I think) I love the look on his face... seeing something amazing for the first time.
They rode all the rides... many many many times. Sean was very proud that he could now ride the roller coaster all by himself. Ryan was also able to ride everything on his own, except the roller coaster, he needed Papa for that. The "Jumping Star" was a riot to watch... I have some video to add... if I can get it to cooperate. Ryan was like an old pro... several people told us so!
Lunch was a picnic, Papa packed sandwiches and snacks for all of us. The boys even got special sandwiches shaped like gingerbread men, donuts and other fun things. What a treat.
After lunch they hit up the water area. Ryan loved the wading area with the candy cane fountains. Sean even stuck his head under on and coaxed Ryan to follow. Sean was more daring and ventured through another area and over to the Muskoka River. Mommy was just as glad Ryan stayed away... especially without a life jacket.
By the end of the day we had had a lot of fun, but were exhausted. We were home, had the boys fed and in bed (asleep) before 7:00. Papa followed not long after and I will be on my way shortly. More big days to come!
Riding by oneself is very serious business!
They were both fine with getting on Santa's knee, but not keen on talking to him. Sean gave his name, Ryan's name and nothing more!
Sean, riding by himself again. Cracking a smile this time!
Ryan also found riding on his own to be serious... hands on the controls at all times... no smiles!
Chilly water in the Muskoka River
We couldn't believe Sean was brave enough to put his head under
No comments:
Post a Comment