Happy Easter!
Although it was a little chilly (54 with a cold breeze), we had a beautiful Easter Sunday. Sean came down, as per usual, at about 6:15. Surprisingly, he stepped right over his Easter basket to come down and ask if it would be okay to turn the light on and look in it!! After breakfast he negotiated a taste of his chocolate Easter bunny and wearing his new crocs to church.
We arrived at church about 30 min early in an effort to get decent seating. We were greeted by Sr. Nadine, who was very complimentary about Sean's behaviour last Sunday, and headed to our seat. Next thing we know, Sr. Nadine is sitting in front of us, asking if we would like to bring up the offertory. Sean was so excited to help, Tony... unsure and me... almost certain that we wouldn't make it that long with Ryan in tow. Both boys had been up late last night... Ryan partying to all hours in his room and Sean awaiting Mommy's return from Walmart, so he could have some cuddles following a "run in" with the corner of his bed. He was fine, but there was a fair bit of blood involved. Of course coupled with the fore mentioned early morning, you can imagine the shape they were in. After depositing our envelope in the basket we made our way to the back. Ryan immediately started to melt down... desperate to run... stopped by Mommy... he drops to the floor and begins freak out! When the ushers brought the basket he perked up and began pilfering dollar bills. Sean is now about to lose it because he realizes that Ryan plans on helping him carry the gigantic basket. Seriously, neither of them could lift it, so I don't know what they were fighting over. An usher helped... thankfully. Upon returning to our seat, Tony retreated to the vehicle with Ryan and his newspaper!
After church we headed to Tony's parents for lunch. Sean and Ryan were treated with an Easter egg hunt in the yard. They were both very well behaved considering there was no... I repeat... NO nap for either. Ryan teased us for a moment, but failed to follow through. They managed to live on a small amount of chicken nuggets (Sean), mac and cheese (Ryan) and large quantities of cookies and M&M's. Wandering around like little drunk men, unable to see straight for most of the late afternoon. Both fell asleep on the ride home and were in bed by 6:15 pm. However, rocking (Ryan) and extended back rubs (Sean) were in order to get them settled. As I write I hear snoring from the other room, seems Stanley and I are the only ones conscious at 7:30 pm!!
Here are a few pics from the day!
Each of the boys received a few chocolates, a chocolate Easter bunny, a dinosaur, crocs, shorts and pj's in their baskets. Sean also got new boxers... I know what kind of Easter bunny gives clothes and underwear... the kind that doesn't want to deal with chocolate in the house due to a lack of self control. We didn't put it in... since they can't read... but they are also being treated to the Wiggles concert in 2 weeks. I think I'm more excited than anyone!!
Is it the Easter bunny?
Due to their states, it was difficult to get either of them... let alone both of them to cooperate for pictures!
Hunting eggs. If it were a contest, Sean won, but Ryan held his own!
The grown ups had a card tournament after lunch. I just watched, partly because I don't know this particular game and partly because I had suffered my own head injury. For those of you who don't know, Ryan's head is like a rock ... a big rock... very hard. After changing his diaper I was pulling up his pants and he jumped, hurling his head into my jaw, banging my lower teeth into my upper teeth and causing pain that felt like something had landed on TOP of my head. Two Advil's and several hours later... I'm still hurting.
Ryan and one of the many cookies that found their way into his hands!
1 comment:
I sure enjoyed reading about your Easter Sunday and seeing all the pictures. Tony isn't going to want to see Sister Nadine whenever he goes to church with you!!!! So was Sean able to stay until the end of Mass? Did having Sister sit in front of you help encourage Sean to be good???? The boys are looking so much older even just since Christmas.We are looking forward to seeing you all again soon. If we plan to leave April 17th, I guess we better get cracking at getting the tickets!!! Enjoy your 1st day back to school. We are going to Cath's wake on Mon. and funeral on Tues. Luv Momxo
Post a Comment