Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Monday, March 17, 2008

This n' That
Sean started swimming lessons at the YMCA for the first time since water babies last weekend.  I know, I fell down on my duties.  It has been 2 years.  I think it has worked out for the best.  He was very scared before, but now seems more ready.  He won't jump in off the side... far too cautious for that (anyone familiar with Mommy??).   He spent quite some time negotiating with the instructor (anyone familiar with Daddy??) to do a "sitting jump" from the side.  He was having a great time.  Ryan and I watched from the side... that wasn't too nerve racking... Ryan wanted to dive in immediately.  Fortunately, he came around and was content to snack and watch.  This past weekend he did even better... both boys.  Wow is it hot/humid in there.  Next time we might have to wear shorts to survive the 35 min. lesson!


When we got home from swimming, I got the boys down for their naps as we were expecting Michelle and her family and it was going to be  a (relatively) late night.  Sean was asleep in my bed and I had just had a shower when I heard a noise outside... like kids playing with garbage cans.  Nothing too serious, but loud enough I was worried about it waking Sean.  I looked out the window and saw a neighbour boy running in front of our house.  I couldn't see what was going on though.  Then I went to another window and saw this....
This is an unmarked corner a couple of doors down from our house.  I took the picture from the living room window.    No one was hurt and apparently neither one saw the other coming.  The ironic part, after turning the vehicle over was that it was the very same truck that had driven through our neighbour's and our yard to run down the neighbour's snowman at 4:00 am in January.   I tell ya, the poor kid must have been tipping over looking at our houses thinking holy s*&t!!  Especially when the owner of the other house was the one helping him out of his truck.  Poetic justice or what???  Fortunately no one was hurt, but now he can't go speeding in front of our houses anymore!!
Ryan, Sarah, Sean and Ben enjoy pancakes for breakfast.   Apparently, we were so busy and visiting I have almost no pictures of our visit.   We did have a great time, although  it was fast (in Sat around 8:30 pm, out Tues around 7:00 am).  The kids wore each other out playing, we went out to eat a couple of times, relaxed in the hot tub and they picked up their camper.  We were so happy to have them and hope they will come back again one day... despite the loooong drive!

No comments: