My doctor called about an hour ago. He has seen the results of my ultrasound and wants to go ahead and schedule an induction. Unfortunately, the local hospital will not allow this before 39 weeks which is Friday. Inductions also aren't scheduled on weekends, so we are looking at Monday March 16. Ultimately this is only 4 or 5 days early, but I figure he isn't going to get any smaller between now and then so we should just go ahead and do it. My only concern now is making sure that I don't go in on my own before then since my doctor is going out of town this weekend! This seems to be a trend. I went in with Sean on his day off and almost missed out on him being there and with Ryan he was leaving town for 3 weeks the next day! Hopefully, we'll make it through this one too. I suppose it is possible that I could go in on my own before he leaves, but failing that I might have to go on bed rest for the weekend... to make sure I get through it! The upside is also that Mom and Dad might still get here before he is born or at least be here shortly after... before I'm released from the hospital. Between school, daycare and Tony's parents Sean and Ryan will be well taken care of while we are at the hospital.
Pictures will follow as soon as I get them!
No comments:
Post a Comment