He's Here!!!
We arrived at the hospital last night at 7:00 PM for my scheduled induction. We left two very tired and excited boys at home in the care of Nana and Papa Joe. Upon arrival, I changed into my "lovely" gown and was set up with an IV. We were told that I would need help prepping my cervix and that this would take several hours. One pill would keep me in bed for 2 hours then I could walk around for the next two. This would most likely have to be repeated. Since we started the process at 8:00 I was not to expect any Pitocin until early in the morning and baby probably shouldn't be expected until Friday afternoon. Turns out that the Pitocin wasn't necessary! My contractions were coming fast and furious by 5:00 AM and I was set up with an epidural shortly thereafter. I was dilated to 5 cm when the anesthesiologist was called and 7 cm by the time he was done. Due to a spot where it didn't take, I was given more medicine. It was great in that I felt nothing... not so great in that I couldn't tell if I had to push, when to push or if I was pushing. However he came very quickly. BRANDON JOSEPH STAAB ARRIVED AT 7:31 AM WEIGHING IN AT 7 LBS 13 OZ (yes my doctor was right!). He is beautiful. Looks just like Sean and Ryan did at this age. Seems he is very tired from his journey as he has slept all morning and continues to sleep as I write. Nana, Papa Joe, Grandma, Grandpa, Grandma Erm and Granny have all been to visit. Tony spoke to Sean on the phone this morning. He was dying to know how big he is. Tony will pick him up from school today and bring him to visit with Ryan. I'm sure his teacher is cursing us today as he must be bouncing off the walls!
I had little if any sleep last night (half hour max), but that doesn't seem to be stopping me from staying up. I'm sure to regret this later! Our family feels complete with Brandon's arrival, I'm trying to soak up and enjoy every moment of this last birth experience.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh....he is just beautiful! You can certainly tell they are brothers....amazing.
I am sure the boys are so excited with this newest addition.
Enjoy every second...it goes so quickly.
Love to all.
Jane & Art et.al.
Post a Comment