Boy Defined: Nature's answer to the false belief that there is no such thing as perpetual motion.

Friday, March 13, 2009

The Latest Scoop
Yesterday, I went for what should be my last prenatal appointment.    My doctor's nurse explained that she could have gotten me in for my induction on Tuesday night, but since Wednesday is my doc's day off, and she knew how much I want him there she didn't go for that.  I thanked her... she knows me well.   My doc explained that I could have gone on Wednesday, but it would have been "stand-by" meaning that if someone were to come in on their own, I'd get a call telling me to stay home.   The only other option was Friday morning, he figured I could be done by then.   So, Thursday night it is... unless I go on my own first.   Since he is out of town this weekend,  I'm not ready for that to happen so I'm on self imposed rest.  Fortunately, Tony decided to take this afternoon off  to help with the boys.   That just leaves me on my own tomorrow.  Sunday of course he'll be home and Monday we return to the school/daycare routine. He (my doc) still believes that this little guy will be under 9 lbs.  He is so firm on this that he bet me a 12 pack of pop.  I buy him diet Dr. Pepper if he is right, he buys me Diet Coke if I'm right.   I am now 50% effaced, which apparently is the hardest part of labour.  This he said has me in good shape if we have to go ahead with the induction.   He also said that quite often women come in on their own before their scheduled date.  I told him that since with Ryan we spent Valentine's Day together, perhaps this time we should look at St. Patrick's Day!  He said "See ya Tuesday!"   I suppose that's up to me.  Keep watching to see if it's St. Patty's Day, Spring Day or some other day!

No comments: